Date:      Thu, 12 Jun 1997 00:18:38 -0700
From:      Dave Hayes <dave@kachina.jetcafe.org>
To:        Sam Magee <webadmin@adsight.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Scsi Tape Timeout Crashes System

> Ever since moving to 2.2-STABLE (now from May 30) I've been
> experiencing system lockups during backups to my Archive
> Python 4mm dat tape drive. They only happen occaissionally
> but it takes the whole system down with the following error:
> I'm using an Adaptec scsi with the ahc driver.  This never happened
> with FreeBSD 2.1.5 which I ran for about 9 months. Is anyone else
> having a problem like this?

I had a similar problem, similar situation, Adaptec card.. Upgrading
to 2.2.2-RELEASE seems to have fixed it.
------
Dave Hayes - Altadena CA, USA - dave@jetcafe.org
Freedom Knight of Usenet - http://www.jetcafe.org/~dave/usenet

There is a proverb: "The answer to a fool is silence."

Observation, however, indicates that almost any other answer will have the
same effect in the long run.