Date:      Tue, 14 May 1996 10:02:12 +0000
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.tfs.com>
To:        Peter Wemm <peter@spinner.DIALix.COM>
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: It seems kinda fitting.. :-)

Yes, only more so when you consider that delta 2000A didn't succeed
because freefall ran out of disk-space  :-/

Yes indeed, the "new" CTM has generated around 4803 deltas to this date
on all the four streams.  We've come a long way...

> So, 2000 deltas at 4 per day, this must be the 500th day of FreeBSD-2.X
> going online or something...

Not quite.  In the beginning there was fewer deltas per day, but more
importantly, if there are no changes, deltas are not produced...

cvs-cur 323 is from 1st feb 1995 for reference :-)

Actually CTM predates our mailing list archives...

The first attempted CTM ran back in december 1993 while I was still in DK.
It used cvs rdiff and didn't work because of repository ops and binary
files.  We're talking FreeBSD 1.1 here :-)

Anyway, hope you like it :-)

whois: [PHK]                | phk@ref.tfs.com       TRW Financial Systems, Inc.
Future will arrive by its own means, progress not so.