Date:      Sun, 17 Feb 2002 12:25:10 +1100
From:      Edwin Groothuis <edwin@mavetju.org>
To:        Miguel Mendez <flynn@energyhq.homeip.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IPv6-over-IPv4 problems since the upgrade to 4.5

On Sat, Feb 16, 2002 at 01:08:42PM +0100, Miguel Mendez wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 15, 2002 at 05:14:31PM -0700, DOROVSKOY,IGOR (A-Portsmouth,ex1) wrote:
> I recently installed the freenet6 port to test IPv6 and have been
> experiencing similar problems, I can ping6 any host but my ftp
> connections stall at some point.
>
> As an alternative you can use Hurricane Electric's free tunnel. I'm
> using it now and it works like a champ.

I found what caused this. he.net uses the "route add -inet6 default
<ipaddress>" statement while freenet6.net uses "route add -inet6
default -interface gif0" statement.

I've submitted a patch for this port to keep it working, I don't
know what to do with the route-command. I'll write a PR about it.

Thanks for your hints!
Edwin

--
Edwin Groothuis   |              Personal website: http://www.MavEtJu.org