Date:      Mon, 27 Dec 2004 19:46:18 -0600 (CST)
From:      Scott Bennett <bennett@cs.niu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   NDIS and Dell (Broadcom) WLAN 1450 Dual Band card

     I got no responses to my question about existence of a driver for the
wireless networking card mentioned in the Subject: line, so I guess I'll
try the NDIS route.  In section 25.3.3.6.* of the _FreeBSD_Handbook_, the
instructions for using NDIS say that I will need the Windows XP driver binary
(BCMWL5.SYS) and the Windows XP driver configuration file (allegedly
BCMWL5.INF).
     In the Windows XP file system, I find BCMWL5.SYS in
\WINDOWS\system32/DRIVERS, but I find bcmwl5.inf (note lower case name; not
found as upper case) in quite a few directories in the directory trees under
\DELL\drivers\R63259\TMSetup and \DELL\drivers\R81836.  Which, if any, of
these is the correct file to use in creating an NDIS driver for FreeBSD?
     Any useful information to make this FreeBSD system networkable soon
will be greatly appreciated!

                                  Scott Bennett, Comm. ASMELG, CFIAG