Date:      Sat, 03 Jul 1999 16:19:11 +1000
From:      Chris <reman@tig.com.au>
To:        David Scheidt <dscheidt@enteract.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Hackers <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Xfree86 v 3.3.4

David Scheidt wrote:

> On Thu, 1 Jul 1999, Leif Neland wrote:
>
> > Does anyone have any inside information on subj?
> > The website still claims: "We are planning to release 3.3.4 some time in
> > June 1999"
> >
> > I'm longing to get support for my S3 Trio3D.
>
> Heh.  It now says early july.  I have a Voodoo Banshee I want to use.

You can actually compile native Banshee support into XFree86, get

glide.xxedgexx.com/changes.tar.gz

(or go to http://glide.xxedgexx.com/3DfxRPMS_vb_glibc.html)

then get a copy of the XFree86 sources, patch said XFree86 sources (this
may take a
little fiddling to get it all in the right places) then recompile and
install
and voila you have yourself a native Banshee server for X.

Any probs you can email me (or the dude who wrote it) and I may be able
to help you.

regards, chris

--
Christopher Day

E-Mail   reman@tig.com.au
Homepage http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Lair/1218

when the rain/when the children reign/keep your conscience in the dark
melt the statues in the park - Fall On Me, REM