Date:      Tue, 02 Jun 1998 23:55:40 -0500
From:      Peter Johnson <locke@mcs.net>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Support for Adaptec 2940U2W / Ultra2 SCSI?

Is the Adaptec 2940U2W SCSI adapter supported by FreeBSD-current?  I'm
planning on putting FreeBSD on a Seagate ST39102LW off of this card (9.1
GB, 10000 rpm [Cheetah], Ultra2 interface).  Although the hardware support
claims to support 2940x, this is a fairly new card so I thought I would
ask, particular since it is a new type of SCSI as well (up to 80 MB/s)

Anyone either A) have this configuration? :)  or B) Have tried at least
this SCSI card with FreeBSD?

Since this drive system will be on a dual PII/400 with 256M of RAM, I can't
wait to see how fast 'make world' runs on it. :)

Thanks,
Peter Johnson
locke@mcs.net