Date:      Sat, 12 Feb 2000 19:01:34 +0200 (EET)
From:      Victor Ivanov <v0rbiz@ab-bg.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   bad floppies lock ttys

  I don't think this is the very right place to put this message, but I
don't really want to subscribe to high-traffic mailing lists and maybe
this is a device problem...
  The device is /dev/fd0 (standart 1,44 IDE floppy, controller fdc). When
accessing bad floppy disks the kernel complains for a while and then all
virtual consoles lock... ttyv*, ttyp* (used by telnet) and don't know
about serials. Total lock, when you type it doesn't appear. Everyhing else
seem to work fine (networking, routing, services...); the debuger
(ddb) too, but I don't know what to do with it :). The solution is the F0
key (Ctrl+Alt+RESET).