Date:      Sun, 30 Mar 2008 12:24:20 -0400
From:      Eduardo Cerejo <ejcerejo@optonline.net>
To:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Hal, policykit, dbus slowed down system after portupgrade

Hello,

Currently running FBSD 7-stable, I had this on my rc.conf to enable dbus and hal:

dbus_enable="YES"
polkitd_enable="YES"
hald_enable="YES"

and after updating my ports using portupgrade my x started acting up, another words it just started running very slow, for example if I typed a commnad on a terminal window it takes about 20 seconds for me to see what I typed, moving windows from one side to the other makes them freeze for a while and if they move they maximize and minimize again, strange things.  So I suspected that it had to do with these daemons so I disabled them and the system works ok.  I wanted enabled though, what can I do to find the real culprid and try to fix it?  One thing I can't see anymore is the polkit starting anymore nor when I run the top command, I see hal and dbus but not polkit.  I've got policykit-0.7_4 and policykit-gnome-0.7_3 installed right now.