Date:      Tue, 13 Apr 2004 09:46:21 -0400
From:      Bart Silverstrim <bsilver@chrononomicon.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   portupgrade-razor-agents, amavis, sa errors

Unfortunately, it rebuilt many things and the output of the compile had
scrolled off (is there a log somewhere of what happened?), but after a
portupgrade I was greeted with the following error:
*****
[Updating the pkgdb <format:bdb1_btree> in /var/db/pkg ... - 118
packages found (-0 +1) . done]
** Listing the failed packages (*:skipped / !:failed)
         ! mail/razor-agents (razor-agents-2.36_3)       (unknown build
error)
         * mail/p5-Mail-SpamAssassin (p5-Mail-SpamAssassin-2.63)
         * security/amavisd-new (amavisd-new-20030616.p8_1)
--->  Packages processed: 9 done, 105 ignored, 2 skipped and 1 failed
******

I'm assuming this means that amavis and spamassassin were skipped in
updating, although I don't know why, and there was a problem with razor
agents?  Would the problem with razor-agents have caused the other two
to fail, since I thought that amavis requires spam assassin which may
also rely on razor-agents?

Has anyone else run into this?  before I blindly chart a course of
action, I'd like to hear from the more experienced admins out there who
can tell me what I should do...it also rebuilt squid and clamav on this
system and stopping and restarting squid, clamd, and amavis seems to
all have succeeded...Did I do something wrong?

Many thanks,
-Bart