Date:      Sat, 22 Apr 2006 09:53:39 -0500
From:      "Douglas K. Rand" <rand@meridian-enviro.com>
To:        Scott Long <scottl@samsco.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: iir + Tyan S2460 + SMP problems

John-Mark> How about drop iir?

Doug> But your suggestion does have merit, especially as recent PCI-X
Doug> and PCI-E ICP cards have no FreeBSD driver in sight.

Scott> My understanding is that the ICP division is switching over to
Scott> the architcture supported by the 'aac' driver.  Adaptec
Scott> provided updates to this driver last year that include a number
Scott> of ICP id numbers.  If you have access to one of these cards
Scott> that you mention, would you mind trying the aac driver and
Scott> reported on whether or not it worked?

I didn't know that the newer ICP cards would work, so we don't have
any of the newer ones. Sorry.