Date:      Sun, 9 Jul 2000 16:31:28 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
Cc:        "FreeBSD Current Users' list" <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Softupdates panic on SMP system

I did some thinking about this, but no real code inspection, on a walk today-
I think what is occurring is that the list of directory updates is getting
refreshed from another process while the first process' list is being written
out. A quick hack would be to make sure this doesn't happen (no -j4 for loose
and gross and incomplete, some kind of worklist ownership token so that when
process A wakes back up and looks at the worklist again it can see whether
it still owns that list (after all, it drops the locks so it do the write).

This is mostly a Kirk issue- he could say much quicker than I about this- I'd
file this as a PR - I could fool around with it a little myself, but later
this week.

-matt