Date:      Sun, 30 Jan 2000 19:27:16 +0100
From:      Jan Andres <jan@dinet.de>
To:        "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
Cc:        Jean-Marc Zucconi <jmz@FreeBSD.ORG>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Loader.rc: unknown command

On Sun, 30. Jan. 2000 at 14:50:22 +0900, Daniel C. Sobral wrote:
> Jean-Marc Zucconi wrote:
> >
> > With a new installed world I get this message at boot:
> >
> > > \ Loader.rc
> > Loader.rc: unknown command
> >
> > Fortunately this does not prevent the machine to boot :-)
> > Any clue?
>
> The \ command is not working correctly, resulting in the "Loader.rc"
> comment being executed instead of ignored.
>
> Why? I don't have a clue. Is *ANYONE* being able to reproduce this
> problem? If so, please contact me ASAP, since we have almost no time to
> fix this before 4.0-RELEASE.

I can reproduce this. I use CTM and the delta that broke the loader
is number 4202 of src-cur, which was generated on Jan 28 11:02.

I think it's the time when cdldr was committed.

There problem seems not to depend on which forth scripts I put into
/boot. I tried some old ones from my first install (3.2-RELEASE) that
had worked up to that point, and the new ones from the -current source
tree.

--
Jan Andres                 jan@dinet.de                Ham radio: DH2JAN
             "Bell Labs Unix -- reach out and grep someone."