Date:      Sun, 28 May 2006 18:29:33 +0000
From:      "Ben Kaduk" <minimarmot@gmail.com>
To:        "Mike Silbersack" <silby@silby.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Making progress on if_bfe

On 5/28/06, Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 27 May 2006, Ben Kaduk wrote:
>
> > Thanks for putting in the work on this.  I will hopefully be able to
> > test sometime this week, but the machine in question is currently
> > under heavy use so I make no guarantees.
> >
> > I will try not to complain too loudly if I am unable to test now and
> > updating later breaks things.
> >
> > -Ben Kaduk
>
> If it's a busy system, then don't test yet.  This is just a diagnostic
> test to see what may be going wrong, so it'll be better to wait until I
> have a patch that I actually think fixes the problem before testing. :)
>
> Mike "Silby" Silbersack

It is busy in that I am generating some data on it for my research
group (but I am the only user); however, my sundays are my own, so I
was able to apply the patch (by hand; patch(1) didn't like it) and
recompile.

I have two (verbose) dmesgs that are available, should be
https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/kaduk/www/current/dmesg.bfe.128
and
https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/kaduk/www/current/dmesg.bfe.511
respectively; hopefully they will help

I am currently running the 511 kernel; the 128 didn't find an IP via dhcp.

Thanks for investigating this,

Ben Kaduk