Date:      Sat,  1 Jul 1995 09:28:49 +0400 (MSD)
From:      =?KOI8-R?Q?=E1=CE=C4=D2=C5=CA_=FE=C5=D2=CE=CF=D7?= aka "Andrey A. Chernov, Black Mage" <ache@astral.msk.su>
To:        dennis <dennis@et.htp.com>, inet-access@earth.com
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Watchdog/Hard Reboot for BSD UN*X

In message <199506282326.TAA22957@mail.htp.com> dennis writes:

>The ET/WDT is an ISA card with a hardware timer  that wires directly into
>the reset switch on the pc and can reset the PC just as if you pressed the
>reset button. The watchdog timer can detect system hangs in seconds instead
>of hours.

The question is: what happens for soft reboot?
I.e. if program just use reboot() syscall?
Bad assumption is: system reboots, watchdog don't receive his
tics anymore and goes to reboot timeout, system start to load,
and in the middle of system loading watchdog issue reset,
so system boots again...
--
Andrey A. Chernov        : And I rest so composedly,  /Now, in my bed,
ache@astral.msk.su       : That any beholder  /Might fancy me dead -