Date:      Sat, 12 Aug 1995 18:06:05 +0100
From:      Gary Palmer <gary@palmer.demon.co.uk>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@cs.weber.edu>
Cc:        paul@freebsd.org, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Netware gateway.

In message <9508112032.AA08265@cs.weber.edu>, Terry Lambert writes:
>> There's a problem. I need to use fake ip addresses on the
>> internal side of the FreeBSD box since there's only a single valid ip
>> address allocated. I've thought about using socks on the FreeBSD box so that
>> the fake internal ip addresses are never seen. Basically, I'm not sure this
>> will work with Novix and I'm touting for experiences of solving this
>> setup in general, i.e. connecting Netware networks to the internet across
>> a dial-up connection where you've only had a single ip address allocated.

>I don't really understand this is a requirement.

Demon Internet don't allow you to have multiple IP's routed through
the same link unless you buy an entire class C off them (yes, I know
that they are free, but you have to pay DIS to route it to you, etc,
etc), and I seem to remember that they only do Class C rental as part
of their leased line package now, although I could be mistaken (I
haven't looked at their price structure for a while now).

So either the FreeBSD box would have to do address re-writing, or
you're up a gum tree without a paddle (or you're back to the origional
problem with netware-over-modem).

Gary