Date:      Fri, 5 Mar 2004 06:10:23 +0000 (GMT)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?Vijay=20Kalkoti?= <vijay_kalkoti@yahoo.co.in>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   serial port problem

Hello all,

I have connected two pc's through serial port.

   One of the machine(1) is configured to run getty
process on the serial port. And another machine(2) is
used as a terminal to access the machine(1) which is
running getty on the serial port.

   I have written a program to send the login &
password to the other machine(1) where getty is
running.
I couldn't log into it.
   But......, when I insert some ( 1/100 th of a
second )  between sending of login & password then I
can login into the machine(1).

 Can anybody tell me, is delay is required while
sending the login & password, if so why?

Thanks & Regards.

vijay kalkoti

Go to: http://in.insurance.yahoo.com/licspecial/index.html