Date:      Mon, 19 Aug 2002 22:31:18 +0200
From:      "Roger 'Rocky' Vetterberg" <listsub@401.cx>
To:        Lord Raiden <raiden23@netzero.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: I get mail from my own address!

Lord Raiden wrote:
> At 06:39 PM 8/19/02 +0930, moeller@chemie.uni-hamburg.de wrote:
>
>> On Monday, 19 August 2002 at 10:59:02 +0000, Martin Moeller wrote:
>> >
>> > Hello list,
>> >
>> > Yesterday I received a spam mail from my own email address. I assume
>> that is
>> > a trick to pass through my procmail system or something?
>> >

>         Yeah, I've seen this stuff get through Procmail and many very
> good spam catchers.  Is there a way to catch this stuff and filter it?
> Maybe throw it into a reviewing que to identify if this should be
> recieved by the user or not?  I've even seen these get through a
> distributed spam filter system, and that says something.

Try spamassassin, it will most likely catch it anyway.
I just fetched 500+ mails, ~480 of them spam, from one of my
spamtrap accounts and piped it through spamassassin.
It missed 2 spams and had no false hits! And Ive done nothing to
it, it runs totally with default settings.
One impressive piece of software, thats for sure.