Date:      Mon, 10 Dec 2001 14:22:20 -0800 (PST)
From:      Chris Appleton <appleton_chris@yahoo.com>
To:        Josh Paetzel <friar_josh@webwarrior.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org, wmoran@potentialtech.com
Cc:        Chris Appleton <appleton_chris@yahoo.com>
Subject:   Re: make install

--- Josh Paetzel <friar_josh@webwarrior.net> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 10, 2001 at 02:08:48PM -0500, Bill Moran
> wrote:
> > Try using the "make buildkernel" and "make
> installkernel"
> > targets.  They're described in the handbook and
> have
> > more or less replaced the building process you are
> using.
> > If you want to do it the old way, make sure you
> are in
> > the correct directories when you issue the "make"
> commands.
> > If you still have problems after looking into
> this, post
> > again with more details of the exact commands
> entered
> > (and possibly your kernel config file, if it's
> still
> > causing problems)

Thanks to both, you are right!  I was treating
/compile/MYKERNEL as a file not another directory.  (I
am coming from the 'dark' side if it's not obvious)

> TCP_RESTRICT_RST is no longer a kernel option.  This
> is now controlled
> by a knob in rc.conf.

So if I add tcp_restrict_rst="yes", would that qualify
as a 'knob' in rc.conf?

One more: This thing is going to be a filtering
bridge.  Please don't convince me to do otherwise -
yet - but do I need to have gateway enabled to make
this work (along with enabling the bridge/ipfw with
net.link cmd's)?  Is that the only way packets will
get fwd between adapters?

Thx again