Date:      Thu, 01 Aug 2002 20:14:09 +0200
From:      Jens Rehsack <rehsack@liwing.de>
To:        Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
Cc:        Ken Menzel <kenm@icarz.com>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make -DNOCLEAN buildworld ?

Mike Tancsa wrote:

> How old/stale was your /usr/obj and how much had changed since you did the
> cvsup. I literally only had the *one* file noted below change.
>
>          ---Mike

I cannot speak for the freebsd team, but as far as i know it should work.
The documentation said sth. 'bout that, what tells me, that it should
not make to much problems.

But, what had ever worked for me was:
cd ${dir-of-changed-file}
make clean
make
make install

This (you know) build just the wanted part - but have a look how large
the part is.
Safe is:
rm -rf /usr/obj/*
cd /usr/src
make buildworld

If you use a production system without to heavy load but required/trusted reliability,
it could make more sense rebuild world. In any other case -DNOCLEAN or rebuild the part
should (not must) work fine.

Good luck,
Jens

> At 10:59 AM 01/08/2002 -0400, Ken Menzel wrote:
> >Didn't work for me!
> >
> >/usr/src/secure/lib/libcrypto/../../../crypto/openssl/crypto/cryptlib.
> >c:105: #error "Inconsistency between crypto.h and cryptlib.c"
> >mkdep: compile failed
> >*** Error code 1
> >1 error
> >*** Error code 2
> >1 error

L     i  W     W     W  i                 Jens Rehsack
L        W     W     W
L     i   W   W W   W   i  nnn    gggg    LiWing IT-Services
L     i    W W   W W    i  n  n  g   g
LLLL  i     W     W     i  n  n  g   g    Friesenstraße 2
                                  gggg    06112 Halle
                                 g   g
Tel.:  +49 - 3 45 - 5 17 05 91    ggg     e-Mail: <rehsack@liwing.de>
Fax:   +49 - 3 45 - 5 17 05 92            http://www.liwing.de/