Date:      Fri, 14 Jan 2011 00:07:43 +1100 (EST)
From:      Ian Smith <smithi@nimnet.asn.au>
To:        Paul Macdonald <paul@ifdnrg.com>
Cc:        Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Which php??

In freebsd-questions Digest, Vol 345, Issue 7, Message: 11
On Thu, 13 Jan 2011 11:13:02 +0000 Paul Macdonald <paul@ifdnrg.com> wrote:
 > On 13/01/2011 00:18, Gary Kline wrote:
 > > autoconf: required version 2.68 not found
 > some stuff here to try for autoconf issues
 >
 > http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=20284
 >
 > Alternatively you might want to try installing prebuillt packages
 > instead of building ports, a lot less hassle.
 >
 > pkg_delete php5*
 >

 > pkg_add -r php5
 > pkg_add -r php5-extensions
 >
 > (I'm not sure what extensions the package has, but i'd be surprised if
 > it didn't include mysql)

You'd also be surprised if the php5 package didn't include the Apache
module, right?  That's why lots of people installed PHP in the first
place, no?  Lots of people have been thus surprised, for years now.

Seeing Gary already has the module built, he could save it, remove then
install the package and replace the module IF php was otherwise built
with the same options, but the only way to get the module is build it.

In the almost singular case of php, I'd stick with building the port(s).

cheers, Ian