Date:      Tue, 29 Jan 2002 01:00:21 -0500
From:      Justin White <justinfinity@mac.com>
To:        Patrick Greenwell <patrick@stealthgeeks.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: firewall config (CTFM)

On Monday, January 28, 2002, at 03:10 , Patrick Greenwell wrote:

>> in RELENG_4 from 5 Nov, /etc/defaults/rc.conf reads:
>> -snip-
>> firewall_enable="NO"        # Set to YES to enable firewall
>> functionality
>> firewall_script="/etc/rc.firewall" # Which script to run to set up the
>> firewall
>> -snip-
>>
>> change the first line to read:
>> firewall_enable="NO"		# set to YES to enable running of the
>> following firewall script
>
> Wow, you've single-handedly suggested a change that solves absolutely
> nothing, and clarifies absolutely nothing.
-snip-
> Ah yes, another jumper-on to the RTFM and the "you get what you
> deserve" bandwagon. The only small problem your argument is that when
> telling
> someone to RTFM, it's usually a good idea to make certain that there is
> something to read. In this case there isn't.

i JUST suggested a change. you claimed my change is pointless. it tells
people that firewall_enable='no' doesn't just disable the firewall, it
really just disables the running of the script

so i still say RTFM. when we do (and we will, it's inevitable) find
problems with the manual, we make the changes for the next group of
people.

-Justin White  just6979@yahoo.com  http://justinfinity.2y.net/
AIM:just6979