Date:      Wed, 15 Dec 2004 14:11:17 -0800
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        Matthias Andree <ma@dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de>
Cc:        FreeBSD Current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: looking for a merge tool.

And the winner is:

a tool Bob Willcox wrote called "tkmerge"

Absolutly the EXACT right tool for the job.
Two panes for sources, a 3rd for the output and a 4th for control and
additional
change editing that you might need to tailor teh diff you have selected.

Bob, A port of this app would be brilliant!  maybe one of the ports
guru's can
help you knock up a small port for the ports/packages collection.

Matthias Andree wrote:

>Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org> writes:
>

>>I'm doing a bit of merging fromthe NetBSD USB code to -current,
>>but I'm wonderring if anyone can point me to a good merge tool.
>>
>>I'm currently using mgdiff which shows the two files in
>>adjoing panes with the differences coloured and allows you to
>>select the diffs from the left or right windows. quite good until
>>you need the third option, which is "both" or "the left, but with
>>a small edit"
>>
>>does anyone know of a tool that gives 3 panes and allows manual
>>editing of the merged product

bob's email: