Date:      Mon, 24 Jun 2002 08:45:07 +0200 (SAT)
From:      John Hay <jhay@icomtek.csir.co.za>
To:        voisine@heatspeed.net (Aaron Voisine)
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: multiple pccard adapters

> I'm trying to figure out how to put multiple pccard
> adapters for multiple wireless nics into a system.
> I have one isa adapter and one pci adapter. When
> I insert the second wireless nics I get an error
> saying no free configuration is available. Do I need
> to setup anything special in the kernel configuration
> to allow multiple card devices?

Which part is giving that message? The kernel or pccardd? If it is
pccardd, then it is easy to solve, just add another entry in
/etc/pccard.conf. Here is what I have to use two Lucent cards:

# Lucent WaveLAN/IEEE
card "Lucent Technologies" "WaveLAN/IEEE"
        config  0x1 "wi0" ?
        config  auto "wi1" ?
        insert  /etc/pccard_ether $device start
        remove  /etc/pccard_ether $device stop

It seems that pccardd do some static allocation of everything in
pccard.conf on startup and can't handle more than one of the same
device without this kind of help.

John
--
John Hay -- John.Hay@icomtek.csir.co.za / jhay@FreeBSD.org