Date:      Tue, 18 Dec 2001 09:48:00 +1000
From:      "Robert Backhaus" <Robbak@Comnorth.com.au>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: downloading ports

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Backhaus" <Robbak@Comnorth.com.au>
To: <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2001 8:48 AM
Subject: downloading ports

>  Can you point me to a ftp server holding the current ports colection that
> will allow me to get a .tar.gz of a single directory? (eg Get
./gimp1.tar.gz
> will work). I don't feel like downloading the entire thing, just one app.
> By he way, is the gimp port up to date? (gimp 1.2.2, gtk 1.2.10, I
believe)

Perhaps I can explain further. .-

I am trying to install the latest Gimp. I have made some unwize partition
size choices, and can ill aford the 70+ MB for the entire ports collection.
I hve tried to install it without the ports, not getting very far(LOL). I
would like to download just the gimp port, and if needed (advise?) the
dependent ports.
So, to FTP a directory tree. I did it to get XFree86, where the server
allows the .tar.gz'ing of a directory. Get /????/????.Xfree86.??.??.tar.gz,
done with a at job in the middle of the night from work. I have not found a
ports mirror that allows this. My question is - is ther one, or is there
another way? (Or, should I Partition Magic myself some space (Urf), and get
the entire ports tree?)

Thanks