Date:      Tue, 3 Dec 2002 11:05:43 +0100
From:      Thomas Spreng <spreng@socket.ch>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <FreeBSD-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   dhclient & dhcpd bind to address

Hello,

i'm just trying to set up some jails on my master machine. According
to the man page, you have to change daemons from listening to all
local addresses. I have done this for every tcp port that is listed
within the netstat command. But i'm having problems with some daemons
that are listening for udp packets on all interfaces.
netstat -na:

udp4       0      0  *.68                   *.*
udp4       0      0  *.67                   *.*

these ports are used by dhcpd (isc-dhcpd) and dhclient. Has anyone ever
managed to make those two programs only listen on a specific interface?

PS: both daemons are run with an interface name as a command line argument
    that should make them only listen on that one:
    /usr/local/sbin/dhcpd fxp0
    /sbin/dhclient fxp1

Greets,
	Tom