Date:      Sun, 18 Feb 1996 20:22:22 +0000
From:      Adam Mitchell <adamm@visual.is.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   adding a disk

I have a blank IDE drive (wd1).  I want to use 96MB for SWAP and the
rest as /mnt_whatever.  How do I initialize this blank disk?  Here is
my current "/etc/fstab" and "fdisk wd1"

Thanks VERY much.

AM

/dev/wd0a                       /               ufs     rw 1 1
/dev/wd0s3b                     none            swap    sw 0 0
proc                            /proc           procfs  rw 0 0
/dev/wd0s1                      /dos            msdos   rw

******* Working on device /dev/rwd1 *******
parameters extracted from in-core disklabel are:
cylinders=2100 heads=16 sectors/track=63 (1008 blks/cyl)

 Figures below won't work with BIOS for partitions not in cyl 1
parameters to be used for BIOS calculations are:
cylinders=2100 heads=16 sectors/track=63 (1008 blks/cyl)

Warning: BIOS sector numbering starts with sector 1
Information from DOS bootblock is:
The data for partition 0 is:
<UNUSED>
The data for partition 1 is: