Date:      Sun, 09 Feb 1997 20:04:15 +1000
From:      Andrew Perry <andrew@shoal.net.au>
To:        questions freebsd <questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: normal ftp blah blah --> newbie list

(maybe this belongs on chat?)

I'd love to if I had the experience, sort of penance for the newbie questions I've asked. If
you start a list like this I don't have the qualifications to meet your criteria but would
subscribe to the list to answer any newbie questions that I can (ok they are few but I
try!).

If your looking for people close to meeting your criteria the people who've helped me the
most are::... (sorry, can't dob them in, mail me privately, their time may not permit!!)

It may be an idea to change questions to your newbie list with a few priveliged priviledged
(however you spell it) users who can panic to more guru type users as the need arises.
Hey, maybe it'll work, maybe not. But I've seen a few questions (ok very few) go unanswered
on the list, maybe having a few people moderate the list with somewhere to go will satisfy
even the dumbest (OK some of mine!!) questions.

BTW, whoever draws the short straw, sorry, whoever gets this exalted position, you may need
to keep a few of your replies for resending (i've seen a few repeat topics in my very short
time, tried to reply to the ones I know to save the guys who know from endless repetition).

just my 2 bobs worth

Andrew Perry
andrew@shoal.net.au