Date:      Sun, 31 Mar 2002 00:19:01 -0800
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
Cc:        Michael Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>, scott_long@btc.adaptec.com, mark_salyzyn@adaptec.com, obrien@freebsd.org, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: asr can not map memory?

* Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com> [020331 00:05] wrote:
> Michael Smith wrote:
> > > What's the basis of the assumption that the I/O range is
> > > unsupported in the first place, and why isn't it true for this
> > > bridge chip, if it's a valid assumption for others?
> >
> > The information was provided in the debugging output and code that Alfred
> > supplied in earlier messages.  The short answer is "programmer error".
> >
> > You're walking into another conversation with insufficient context. 8)
>
> Hey, I'll always sit still for someone willing to give me context...
> 8-).
>
> I was thinking it would be easier to get enough info to Alfred,
> and let the patch pop out there.  8-) 8-).

Issue is that there's something wonky with the PCI code such that
it doesn't realize that the bus hanging off of a bus wants another
memory range outside the PCI device's range.  I wonder if there
should be a flag to allow this?  Some sort of escape mechanism?

I need sleep. :)

--
-Alfred Perlstein [alfred@freebsd.org]
Tax deductible donations for FreeBSD: http://www.freebsdfoundation.org/