Date:      Sat, 15 Apr 2000 21:38:59 -0400
From:      Ted Sikora <tsikora@home.com>
To:        Keith Chiem <chiem@yahoo-inc.com>, "freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: dual booting win2k and freebsd ?

Keith Chiem wrote:

> Anyone succeed in doing this ?  I've dual booted freebsd with linux,
> win 95, win 98, and nt 4.0.  For some reason, I can't get it to work
> with Windows 2000.

I have setup FreeBSD, Win2k, and Linux using lilo
to boot FreeBSD. 1st partition C:(primary) DOS/Fat 2nd partition
FreeBSD(primary) the rest extended/logical partitions with Win2k and
Linux. You probably installed
Win2k after FreeBSD so it overwrote the boot sector. You
need to reinstall the boot manager. FreeBSD will auto add
the Dos/Win partition. Make a repair disk for Win2k in advance you may
need to repair it after FreeBSD. I take nothing for granted with
Windows.

--
Ted Sikora
Jtl Development Group