Date:      Thu, 27 Apr 2000 01:51:33 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Adam <bsdx@looksharp.net>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cc1 sig 11'ing recently?

On Wed, 26 Apr 2000, Ron Klinkien wrote:

>> > Any getting these too?
>> >
>> > ild-tools
>> > cd /usr/src/bin/sh; make build-tools
>> > cc -O -pipe -DSHELL -I. -I/usr/src/bin/sh -Wall -Wformat   -c
>> > /usr/src/bin/sh/mkinit.c
>> > cc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 11
>>
>> Only people with dodgy memory or cache (probably memory).
>
>Or dodgy CPU's like some of the AMD K6/233 ones, when you install more than
>32Mb memory.
>
>I myself got bitten by this bug yesterday ;(

I have also seem bad cyrix chips cause this - it drove me nuts because I
happened to grab a spare cpu which happened to be faulty in the same way
from the spare tray and it lead me to building an almost complete clone of
the misbehaving computer before I decided to try another cpu :/  Ended up
with the original bad and TWO bad cpu's from the spare tray before I found
one that worked :)