Date:      Tue, 26 Sep 2000 12:32:49 +0100 (BST)
From:      Andrew Boothman <andrew@cream.org>
To:        mi@aldan.algebra.com
Cc:        kris@FreeBSD.ORG, olgeni@uli.it, ruslan@shevchenko.kiev.ua, seb@bluetail.com, ade@FreeBSD.ORG, ports@FreeBSD.ORG, nbm@mithrandr.moria.org, doc@FreeBSD.ORG, stable@FreeBSD.ORG, jkh@winston.osd.bsdi.com, chad@DCFinc.com
Subject:   Re: erlang port -- a poster child (Re: I'll be rolling a 4.1.1 r

On 21-Sep-00 mi@aldan.algebra.com wrote:
> On 21 Sep, Andrew Boothman wrote:
> = On 21-Sep-00 Chad R. Larson wrote:
> = >> =* If you are  the MAINTAINER of a piece of code  (or more likely a
> = >> =port) and don't have commit  privs, put "MAINTAINER update" in the
> = >> =synopsis, for the same reasons as before.
> = > I  too am  a  bit worried.  Are  we  saying that  one  of the  ports
> = > committers doesn't expect to do that job unless certain keywords are
> = > in the  PR? If so,  that should be  documented other than  in e-mail
> = > here.
> =
> = Not really, see Kris Kennaway's reply.
> =
> = I  will write  this up  for  the Handbook  once we've  decided on  the
> = wording though.
>
> Please,  consider new  PR-class(es)  (port-update, port-maintainer)  for
> this -- that's  much more formal, easier to search  for and more obvious
> for a person filling it the PR out.  One person so far agreed and no one
> objected...

Right, I've left this several days to see if any GNATS-guru might appear and
give us an opinion on getting some new PR classes added, because I know
absolutely nothing about it.

Nobody's come forward, so if no-one has any complaints, I'll write up a patch
for the handbook to tell people to use the SYNOPSIS line, at least as a
temporary improvement to the current situation.

Any other comments?

---
Andrew Boothman <andrew@cream.org>
http://sour.cream.org