Date:      Fri, 8 Mar 2002 10:02:52 -0700
From:      John E Hein <jhein@timing.com>
To:        David Banning <david@skytrackercanada.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: using gs to translate ps files

David Banning wrote at 11:32 -0500 on Mar  8:
 > Kris Kennaway wrote:
 > > This is a ghostscript usage question..perhaps you should read the
 > > documentation more carefully or ask the question on a ghostscript
 > > support list.
 >
 > OK. You are certainly right about reading the docs. If I had done so properly
 > the first time, I would have found my answer.
 >
 > But on the other, were you suggesting that -questions is not the place to
 > post questions about ghostscript? If that is so, then what about the other
 > ports? It just seems to me that -questions has always included all ports.
 >
 > Your thoughts -

Use a ghostscript mailing list or newsgroup.

from http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/eresources.html#ERESOURCES-MAIL ...

C.1.3 List Charters
 .
 .
FREEBSD-QUESTIONS

    User questions

    This is the mailing list for questions about FreeBSD. You should not send ``how to'' questions to the technical lists unless you consider the question to be pretty technical.

Granted, this is somewhat vague, but I don't think your ghostscript question
 is "about FreeBSD".

p.s. if you are going to reply to the list after you've found the answer to
  your question, include the details of the answer.  Don't just say "Never
  mind, I found the answer".  Someone may be looking for the answer to the
  question.  Yes... even if the original post wasn't entirely appropriate
  to the list (it's too late to change that).  It's very annoying to
  search for the answer to a question, find a thread in archives that
  matches your problem, then see the thread deadend without the answer.