Date:      Sun, 02 Apr 2000 18:24:26 -0700
From:      Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group <Cy.Schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca>
To:        Brad Knowles <blk@skynet.be>
Cc:        Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group <Cy.Schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca>, Tobias Roth <roth@iamexwi.unibe.ch>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sendmail 8.10.0

In message <v04220819b50d52af4cfa@[194.78.233.215]>, Brad Knowles
writes:
> At 12:34 PM -0700 2000/4/2, Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group wrote:
>
> >  I believe that Sendmail 8.10.0 is slightly broken.  In tests, unless I
> >  did something wrong, SuperSafe does not create queue files in mqueue,
> >  instead queueing in memory.  So, in the case of a system crash mail
> >  would be lost.
>
> 	Sendmail wouldn't be doing this if it weren't safe.  Have you
> done a detailed analysis of the situation and the code?

Not yet.  Time is at a premium these days.  I might have some time over
the next two weeks starting Tuesday evening (a couple of hours during
evenings is when I get to do fun stuff assuming I'm not doing something
that is directly job related).  If I am successful I'll send a patch to
sendmail.org.

Team Leader, Sun/DEC Team   Internet:  Cy.Schubert@osg.gov.bc.ca
Open Systems Group, ITSD, ISTA
Province of BC