Date:      Fri, 26 Feb 1999 11:43:48 -0500 (EST)
From:      zhihuizhang <bf20761@binghamton.edu>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Where is device name table intrnames[] modified?

I am reading PCI support codes of FreeBSD 2.2.8 (file pci.c, pcisupport.c.
etc.).  I come across the device string name table intrnames[] which is
defined and initialied in vector.s. But I can not find where they are
modified to contain strings like "pci irqnn" -- They are initialized to
contain "stray irqnn".  I also can not find where the contants NR_DEVICES,
DEVICE_NAMES are defined.

Please point out for me where the intrnames[] gets modified.  As for the
contants, I guess they are defined in "vector.h".  I am about to do a make
world (for the first time) to see if it will create vector.h (and other
files with names "opt_xxx.h")  included with " and " (not < and >). I hope
that if these header files are created during the make, they will still be
there after the make process so that I can examine them.

Any help is appreciated.