Date:      Thu, 23 Oct 1997 09:45:09 +1000
From:      Mervyn Ah-Young <merv@planet.net.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD 2.2.2

Hi,

My name is Mervyn Ah-Young and I am from TABCorp Holdings.

We run a mission critical gaming network with over 12,000
gaming machines.

Machines are polled using devices called RPS's (P.Cs with
Multi I/O Cards based on Motorola 68000).

These RPS's are currently running a DOS based polling application
and we are planning to move to FreeBSD 2.2.2 in the near future.

Questions:

What type of redundancy facility does FreeBSD offer?  We are looking
at having two Fast Ethernet cards in each RPS.  If one LANCard
fails, does FreeBSD have the ability to automatically re-route
packets to the secondary backup LANCard transparently?

Does FreeBSD have built in SNMP MIB support?

To what level is ATM supported under FreeBSD?

I would appreciate any information you could give me on this O/S.

Thank you and I hope to hear from you soon!

Regards,

Mervyn Young.
AUSTRALIA