Date:      Fri, 22 Sep 1995 22:52:41 -0400
From:      Coranth Gryphon <gryphon@healer.com>
To:        asami@cs.berkeley.edu, peter@taronga.com
Cc:        gryphon@healer.com, hackers@freebsd.org, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports startup scripts

> You guys have lost me long ago, but just one thing I noticed....
>  * Package data could equally well go in /usr/local. It really doesn't belong
>  * in /var.
>
> That won't work, because the location where the package is installed
> is also part of the pkg data.  In other words, if we put them into
> /usr/local, we won't be able to find /usr/local. :)
> Satoshi

The package data in question is the list of what packages are currently
installed.

-coranth

Coranth Gryphon <gryphon@healer.com>      |  "Faith Manages."      |
                                          |        - Satai Delenn  |
Phone: 603-598-3440   Fax: 603-598-3430   +------------------------+
USMail: 11 Carver St, Nashua, NH  03060
Disclaimer: All these words are yours, except Europa...