Date:      Mon, 5 Mar 2018 07:40:48 +0100
From:      Franco Fichtner <franco@lastsummer.de>
To:        Jeff Roberson <jroberson@jroberson.net>
Cc:        John Darrah <timmcgrawfan@protonmail.com>, "freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org" <freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org>, "freebsd-current@freebsd.org" <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD has a politics problem

Hi there,

> On 4. Mar 2018, at 10:02 PM, Jeff Roberson <jroberson@jroberson.net> =
wrote:
>=20
> First of all this is really not an appropriate forum for this =
discussion.

Nobody discusses it elsewhere.  "Decisions" are made between closed =
doors.
How anyone would think this doesn't blow up later is at least =
unreasonable.

> There is a lot of catastrophizing going on in the dialog, especially =
that on third party sites and among non-committers.

This is where the project friction is at.  In a perfect world you don't
need users, external contributors and fresh ideas to keep a project =
moving
forward, but we are not in a perfect world.

I personally find it silly to keep begging for 6 years for someone to =
commit
something.  It has gotten to a point where I'd rather not bother to =
contribute
because working around issues is less time-consuming.

In community management terms, that's a major flaw.

> I would urge everyone to be calm and patient.  This is an important =
dialog and it's bound to be bumpy.  I also strongly urge people to =
refrain from discussing it further on technical lists where it is =
counter productive and unwelcome.

So you are saying "shut up" and be patient like we've never been patient =
in
the last couple of years?  That's bold, but unfortunately also =
consistent MO.

Cheers,
Franco=