Date:      Mon, 9 Sep 2013 23:11:55 +1000
From:      Mark van der Meulen <mark@fivenynes.com>
To:        Marek Salwerowicz <marek_sal@wp.pl>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: igb Intel Gigabit Network Connection I350, lagg, vlan - increase mtu

As far as I can tell, if you are using the links in a lagg then you are =
going to need to make the change in /etc/rc.conf and reboot or perhaps =
restart netif. I recently came across a similar situation where I had to =
change the MTU across a bunch of different bsdrp boxes running as =
firewalls and routers and in the end after a lot of research I worked =
out the only way was either a reboot or possibly a restart of =
networking. Some machines had Intel(em) and Broadcom(bcd and bge) =
interfaces.

I never tried restarting networking as there are a few things on my =
boxes which that will break so I am better off just rebooting.

Mark

On 09/09/2013, at 11:06 PM, Marek Salwerowicz <marek_sal@wp.pl> wrote:

> W dniu 2013-09-09 15:02, Marek Salwerowicz pisze:
>> My server
>=20
> just to add - I am running the 9.1-RELEASE:
>=20
> FreeBSD storage1 9.1-RELEASE-p6 FreeBSD 9.1-RELEASE-p6 #0: Wed Aug 21 =
20:40:52 UTC 2013 =
root@amd64-builder.daemonology.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC amd64