Date:      Mon, 19 Apr 1999 23:07:59 +0200
From:      Tim Priebe <tim@iafrica.com.na>
To:        Intuitive Design Archive <archive@in-design.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Hub mail servers

Intuitive Design Archive wrote:
>         Here is what we are setting up and wondering what the best
> setup would be.
>
> 200 users localy on dom.com
>
> There is a remote office of 6 users across the atlantic using Groupwise
>
> What is the best way to tie in the 6 users onto the local mailserver but
> still let them have local mail among themselves

create sub.dom.com with MX record pointing at the groupwise server.

create aliases for these 6 users in dom.com that redirects to
user@sub.dom.com.

> I know that is partly seting up groupwise to deal with local users and so
> forth, but is there a way to have it so that when the groupwise server
> conects to the internet (groupwise=dialup ; Freebsd localy is T-1) the
> fbsd server that is local sends all the 6 users mail to the groupwise
> server?

if the groupwise server can not have a fixed IP address on dialup, it
could be achived with a tunnel. After dialing up have your groupwise
server issue an ETRN command to your SMTP server. The waiting mail will
be delivered.

Tim.