Date:      Wed, 22 Mar 2000 13:44:20 +0100 (CET)
From:      Andy Georges <ageorges@twizors.rug.ac.be>
To:        Thomas Uhrfelt <thomas.uhrfelt@plymovent.se>
Cc:        "'Richard Wackerbarth'" <rkw@dataplex.net>, "'freebsd-stable@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: SV: Voxware is toast. Get used to it. (Re: Suggestions for impro

> > "-RELEASE" is not a state. It is a point in time.
> > The other terms refer to the continuum between releases.

i used to have some problems understanding the difference between -STABLE
and -RELEASE but i think this points it out nicely

> I have no religious views at all on the subject, so either way is fine by
> me. The reason why it's called CURRENT I belive is due to the fact thats
> where the focal point on the project is. New things gets adopted and
> basically - that's where FreeBSD is, not neccessarily the users.

-CURRENT looks like a good name to me, but one should still inform new
users that it's the edge. Once you have read that in the handbook or
someplace else, i feel you know enough to decide with what you'll go.

-- zors