Date:      Thu, 14 Oct 2004 06:41:06 -0400
From:      Adam Stroud <adstro@stny.rr.com>
To:        Glenn Sieb <ges@wingfoot.org>
Cc:        Vulpes Velox <v.velox@vvelox.net>
Subject:   Re: Firefox 1.0PR1

Glenn Sieb wrote:

> Vulpes Velox said the following on 10/12/2004 10:58 PM:
>
>>> Hey All:
>>>
>>> I have just built firefox 1.0PR1 from the ports and I cannot seem to
>>>
>>> install any extensions or themes.  Has anyone else had these
>>> problems, or have any solutions?
>>>

>> Yeah, I have the same problem, plus I can't change any of the
>> settings. Plus if I move ~/.mozilla, it wont start what so ever, but
>> just kicks out the following...
>> Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server
>> Xlib: XDM authorization key matches an existing client!
>>

> Wasn't there a thing where Firefox had to be first run by root?
>
> Dunno if this is related..?
>
> Best,
> G.

All

I figured out what is gouing on.  All I had to do is to start firefox as
root.  That took care of the problem for me.  In my case I was not
seeing the error messages because I was not launching firefox from the
command line.  When I launched it from the command line I saw what the
error message said and was able to take corrective action.