Date:      Wed, 19 Nov 1997 00:54:01 +0000
From:      Brian Somers <brian@awfulhak.org>
To:        Jonathan Chen <jonc@pinnacle.co.nz>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Kernel panic in 2.2.2R with ppp

Wow, I'm impressed :-)  This is the first time I've seen ppp cause a
panic :-)

Seriously, as you already suspect, it can't really be ppp that's
causing the problem.  I'd suspect a memory problem.  Is the
instruction pointer the same each time ?  If so, the only way to
diagnose this is to rebuild your kernel with symbols (-g), wait for
it to crash again, and try to find out where the instruction pointer
is pointing.

--
Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org>, <brian@FreeBSD.org>, <bri@OpenBSD.org>
      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;