Date:      Tue, 27 Jun 2000 03:56:57 -0500
From:      "scot" <scot@tcainternet.com>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   SD11 and FreeBSD

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01BFDFEB.BD49C420

Hello,
     I have run into an interesting problem that I cannot seem to get =
past. Hopefully this is something real simple that I have overlooked!! I =
have been running FreeBSD on a 300 celeron and I decided to purchase an =
FIC SD11 mobo with a 650 athlon. I cannot make heads or tails as to why =
I cannot install FreeBSD??? At first attempt I tried installing 4 =
(stable) then 3.4(Stable)... On the install whether it was from Cd or =
from bootable floppies copying the FLP files I could not seem to even =
load kernel up at all... I left all the Bios setting's factory at first, =
then I started trying to change the memory configurations in Bios. Still =
would not load up Kernel... Keep in mind I do not claim to be an expert =
in any way shape or form but I have installed FreeBSD many times on a =
couple different system's without any troubles. This one has me =
puzzled!!!! If you could address this in any way I would greatly =
appreciate it.

Sincerely,
Scot.

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01BFDFEB.BD49C420

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hello,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I have run into an =
interesting=20
problem that I cannot seem to get past. Hopefully this is something real =
simple=20
that I have overlooked!! I have been running FreeBSD on a 300 celeron =
and I=20
decided to purchase an FIC SD11 mobo with a 650 athlon. I cannot make =
heads or=20
tails as to why I cannot install FreeBSD??? At first attempt I tried =
installing=20
4 (stable) then 3.4(Stable)... On the install whether it was from Cd or =
from=20
bootable floppies copying the FLP files I could not seem to even load =
kernel up=20
at all... I left all the Bios setting's factory at first, then I started =
trying=20
to change the memory configurations in Bios. Still would not load up =
Kernel...=20
Keep in mind I do not claim to be an expert in any way shape or form but =
I have=20
installed FreeBSD many times on a couple different system's without any=20
troubles. This one has me puzzled!!!! If you could address this in any =
way I=20
would greatly appreciate it.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Sincerely,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Scot.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01BFDFEB.BD49C420--