Date:      Thu, 08 Feb 2001 13:14:13 +0100
From:      Thomas Stratmann <thomas.stratmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Weird mouse click/drag behaviour

Hi everyone,

thanks for the efforts to several of you, I could not fix it yet but I
see clearer now.

The symptom is as such: When I click and immediately move wildly no
click is assumed, but when I then stop the movement before releasing
button 1 then a click is assumed at the new position.

My X server used the wrong device, but I fixed it now (I think):
Section "Pointer"
  Protocol	"SysMouse"
  Device	"/dev/sysmouse"
#  BaudRate	1200
#  Emulate3Timeout 50
  Resolution	100
#  Emulate3Buttons
EndSection

I commented lines out as above as I suspected a double
3rd-button-emulation conflict.
The emulation as such works.

The problem seems to appear in the system console, too.

My moused options: moused -t auto -3 -E 2 -p /dev/psm0
(I tuned down the -E timeout as I suspected the problem there, but I was
wrong. Using such a stupid short time interval works, my fingers seem
thick enough)

I am running out of ideas now, maybe someone of you not ;-)