Date:      Thu, 16 Dec 1999 14:23:57 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        Pat Lynch <lynch@bsdunix.net>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: The Bazaar part II

> OK, so we're all at the Bazaar , ok well theres only 5 or 6 of us, but hey
> its  a start, we've unloaded over 50 CD's , 6 beanie Daemons, one small
> plushie Daemon and 4 or 5 mousepads, a toolkit cd, and a snapshot CD.
> and we're making it know that despite the fact that this conference is so
> Linux oriented, we're not about to let people forget us.

This sounds like a more than reasonable achievement, folks - don't
beat yourselves up!  The fact that there was a tangible presence there
at all is what should be applauded, especially once you do your
homework a little and calculate just how many shows go by where
there's little or no presence at all.  It sounds like you've shown the
Linux people who attended that the BSDs are still alive and kicking,
and from such small seeds often grow many interesting things. :)

> alamagamation of core team members names (or maybe we should just use
> "Hubbix" (Jordan?)) as the OS name.

Retch!

> the rooftops. These kinds of activitiess thake alot out ot of us. After 3
> days I'm pretty burnt out. I wonder how Jordan does it, or is he burnt
> too? ;)

I'm definitely not immune to burn-out and that's why I wasn't in NYC
this December.  I had to take at least a month off. :)

> Anyway getting back on track, he said, we've got some real technical
> strengths over linux, but without he head-on approach in advocacy, he sees
> it sinking.

Eric has always predicted the falling of the BSD sky and I don't see
how this latest commentary is inconsistent in any way with his
previous positions.  We can only but prove his pessimism to be
misplaced by stubbornly refusing to sink. :)

> He said that he thinks we *are* growing, and doing just fine. I think at
> some point that were going to contact Walnut Creek or FreeBSD.org about
> marketing the Complete FreeBSD and the 4 CD set.

That would be great, have them drop us a line.

- Jordan