Date:      Fri, 21 Dec 2001 22:39:42 -0500
From:      Mike Barcroft <mike@freebsd.org>
To:        rsharpe@ns.aus.com
Cc:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org>, FreeBSD-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Adding si_fd to struct __siginfo ...

Richard Sharpe <sharpe@ns.aus.com> writes:
> >There was already a big mess of a discussion about how this would
> >be much better done via kqueue than with realtime signals.
> >
> >I guess if you can get a working implementation that is compatible
> >with the existing interfaces it would work, however it's a _much_
> >better idea to use kqueue to deliver this sort of notification.
> >
> >And yes, it has been discussed in the lists already.
> >
> OK, I will go and look at the discussion ...

Unfortunately this discussion mistakenly took place on a FreeBSD
mailing list intended for administrative-only issues, so it isn't
publicly available on our end.  Luckily, a Samba mailing list was
on the CC line.  You should be able to find it on the
<samba-technical@lists.samba.org> archives circa September 2001.

Best regards,
Mike Barcroft