Date:      Mon, 7 Jan 2002 10:47:40 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Eric D. Futch" <efutch@nyct.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Default mail cf allows spamming...

Hi, I'm using the default freebsd.mc to build my sendmail.cf.  The default
FreeBSD sendmail configuration allows people to send spam through it using
this style of e-mail address:  "me@remotedomain.com"@localdomain.com
As long as your mail server accept mail for localdomain.com then it will
relay the message for you.  This should probably be corrected in
FreeBSD's default sendmail configuration, but I'm not sure where to even
start.  Oh yeah, this is on FreeBSD 4.4-STABLE built Dec 7, 2001.

Thanks.

--
Eric Futch                                      efutch@nyct.net
http://www.nyct.net/~efutch