Date:      Mon, 19 Apr 1999 15:12:50 -0400
From:      Tom Embt <tom@embt.com>
To:        "FreeBSD-Questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Build world?

..or my personal method (using the 'screen' port, great utility)

# screen
# cd /usr/src
# script ~tom/buildworld.out
# time make -j4 buildworld
  (At this point I detach from screen and come back in a few hours
   when it's done.  On my old machine it was an overnighter.)
# exit
   (from script)
# exit
   (from screen)

Then go to single-user and do something similar for installworld.

>what is wrong with:
>
>    # make buildworld > /mnt/somefile.log
>
>or
>
>    # script /mnt/somefile.log
>    # make buildworld
>    # exit
>

>>How can I do a 'Build World' and make the ouput go to a different dir
>>(other than root)?
>>
>>like /mnt for example.

Tom Embt                                 ICQ UIN:  11245398
tom@embt.com                                         d:-)>