Date:      Thu, 14 Mar 1996 16:42:36 -0600 (CST)
From:      Balaji Srinivasan <balaji@eecs.ukans.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Installation over FTP

Hi there,
I know this might be a silly question, but here it is anyway...
I am trying to install free bsd on a pentium PC. I tried installing over
FTP but it keeps saying
ifconfig ioctl: Destination address must be provided...

I have a SMC Ether EZ ethernet card and I have specified the hostname, ip
gateway etc etc...
I even tried installing using FTP passive.

Could u please tell me what the problem might be??
We need to install FreeBSD as soon as possible as i am trying to make
a comparative study and benchmark linux and FreeBSD.
thanx
balaji
PS: what is the most stable recent kernel version.

Balaji Srinivasan
Voice:	(913)-864-7756(W)	email:	balaji@tisl.ukans.edu
        (913)-841-3555(H)	WWW  :  http://www.eecs.ukans.edu/~balaji