Date:      Thu, 7 Mar 2002 20:21:47 -0800 (PST)
From:      Shizuka Kudo <shizukakudo_99@yahoo.com>
To:        sos@freebsd.dk, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Request for testers of new ATA driver patches

Soren,

I apply the latest patches posted (2002-0307), build
the kernel, reboot and everything seems OK, the RAID 0
drive is recognized correctly as ar0. However, when I
reboot, the BIOS cannot detect the RAID card anymore
except a power recycle.

I attached the boot -v dmesg for your reference. My
machine is a HP Vectra VL Pentium 200 with an IWill
SIDE 100 raid card (a HighPoint 370A).

Regards,

--- Søren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk> wrote:

> I'm currently backporting the -current ATA driver to
> -stable, and
> I need some testers as to cover as much HW as
> possible.
> The patches are new, but at least they dont panic
> here :)
> They include atacontrol (for hotswapping, RAID
> control etc) and
> burncd with all -current features.

ftp://ftp.freebsd.dk/pub/ATA/ata-diff-stable-2002-0304.gz

> Get those and tell me how it works for you, thanks!!
>
> PS: It might be nessesary to create the dir
> sbin/atacontrol before
> applying these patches...
>
> PPS: I dont subscribe to the -stable list, so please
> mail me directly
> with any questions/info you may have...
>
> -Søren

> with "unsubscribe freebsd-stable" in the body of the
message